Foodhearts, raw juice is a key part of feeding my power, the greener the better. It’s my make-at-home vitality shot. Try this at your own risk! (joking)
Green Mint Zinger
Prep time: Depends how good you are with a knife (about five/ten minutes)
Cook time: None! About ten minutes through the juicer or a bit more depending on juicer.
Total time: 15-20
- Two Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped into pieces
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- 2 limes peeled and cut into quarters (or lemons)
- 1 large handful of dark green leaves e.g. spinach
- 1 large peeled cucumber cut into rectangular pieces
- I don’t peel the apples if they are organic and unwaxed. Granny Smiths, are quite sour if you want to use another variety, knock yourself out. I do tend to peel the cucumber as it’s easier to juice.
- Run everything through your juicer. If you are using a masticating juicer (slower, as they crush the cell wall) end the juicing with a few of the lime (or lemon) pieces as they juice easily and will push through any lingering pulpy bits.
- If you, like strain the juice (I don’t). Serve with ice cubes (or dilute with water). Will keep in fridge for a day or two.
Do you want to know why I eat my body weight in greens; how you can get richer on plant food; plus nab a few more recipes to boot?
Then have yourself a look at Blending Abundance: Using Greens and other Plant Foods to Enrich Your Beauty, Your Body and Your Life.
Leave a Reply