This has been my evening go-to lately, particularly refreshing on some of the hottest days of the year! And it qualifies as a lovely nutrient-dense deadline meal.
Summer’s Green Smoothie
Prep time: 5 – 10 mins
- Half a cucumber
- Large handful of spinach (even better frozen)
- 25 – 30 blueberries (you can use more, I prefer more greens)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame paste/tahini (substitutes: nut butter, avocado)
- 1 tsp probiotic powder (optional)
- water/coconut water (if I have cold pressed juice in the fridge, I’ll use a splash of that and a splash of water)
- Chop the cucumber and add to the jug of a high speed blender.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the jug, with the sesame paste last – add it on top of the other contents to avoid it sticking to the sides of the blender.
- Blend and serve with ice. Cheers!
Have you got short and snappy recipes? Why not jot them down on these recipe cards.
Leave a Reply