Foodhearts, here is a fave deadline meal. It looks gorgeous, tastes gorgeous and works gorgeous. You’ll be the expert of whether this is one for you too, or not. The squishy firmness of the salmon with the slightly sweet (steaming the beans releases its gentle, but moreish flavour) edamame chime beautifully with the buttery creaminess of the avocado and the crisp, oily greens. And you really don’t have to be exact with the amounts as it makes for great leftovers too. This is really quick to make as you can be doing other things while the steamer is on, and then it’s a couple of mins to combine everything together.
Seasoning is optional/changeable of course.
- Frozen edamame beans (one quarter or one third of a bag)
- Half an avocado
- Large handful of baby green leaves e.g spinach, rocket or a mixed bag
- 1 fillet of salmon
- Herbed sea salt
- Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Half a lime
- I steam the beans with the salmon in an electric steamer for about 20 mins, I like the beans slightly over done. You could also simmer them in boiling water for ten mins or so, and do the salmon separately in the oven.
- Once the fish/edamame beans are done, place beans in a bowl, and put fish aside.
- Chop the avocado and add to the beans.
- Add the baby leaves and give it a quick mix.
- Then add a drizzle of olive oil, and squeezes of the half a lime.
- Top with the salt and black pepper if using and mix again.
- Pop the salmon on top and et voila! You’ve got a deadline meal. Serve or keep for later.
Have you listened to The Food Impulse digital workshop?